Patient Rights and Responsibilities
It is important to know your rights as a patient and also your responsibilities. The staff and personnel of Premier Eye Surgery Center recognize the basic human rights and responsibilities of our patients. Efforts are directed to providing care consistent with those basic human rights and responsibilities.
Your Rights as a Patient
To be treated with respect, consideration, and dignity.
To be treated in a safe environment, free from all forms of abuse and harassment
To expect quality care and service from Premier Eye Surgery Center and to know the services available at the facility.
- To full consideration of privacy concerning your medical care.
- To confidential treatment of your medical records and to know that you are given the opportunity to approve or refuse their release to outside parties except when otherwise required by law.
- To be given the opportunity to participate in decisions involving your health care, except when such participation is contraindicated for medical reasons.
- To receive from your Physician sufficient information to be able to understand the procedure or treatment being received in order to sign the operative consent.
- To be informed of any persons other than routine personnel who will be observing or participating in your treatment.
- To complete information concerning your diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis, in terms you can understand. If concern for your health makes it inadvisable to give such information to you, the information will be made available to an individual designated by you or to a legally authorized representative.
- To be informed of the right to change Physicians, if other qualified Physicians are available
- To refuse treatment and to be informed of the consequences of your actions.
- To be given information concerning Advance Directives.
- To know if any research will be done during treatment and to have the right to refuse.
- To know, in advance, the estimated amount of your bill.
- To examine and receive an explanation of the final bill, regardless of the source of payment.
- To know the methods for expressing grievances and suggestions to Premier Eye Surgery Center.
Your Responsibilities as a Patient
To read and understand all permits and/or consents you sign. If you do not understand, it is your responsibility to ask the nurse or Physician for clarification.
- To answer all medical questions truthfully and to the best of your knowledge.
- To read carefully and follow any pre-operative written or oral instructions your Physician or Premier Eye Surgery Center has given.
- To notify your Physician or Premier Eye Surgery Center if you have not followed the pre-operative instructions.
- To provide a responsible person to transport you home after surgery if you have received medications and/or anesthesia.
- To provide for someone to be responsible for your care for the first twenty- four (24) hours after your procedure.
- To follow carefully any written or verbal post-op instructions from your Physician(s) or nurse. This includes keeping any scheduled postoperative appointments with your Physician.
- To contact your Physician regarding any post-operative question, problem, or complication.
- To assure all financial obligations for services are fulfilled as promptly as possible and to assume ultimate responsibility for payment regardless of insurance coverage.
- To notify either the Nurse Administrator or Business Manager if you feel any rights have been violated, or if you have a complaint, or a suggestion for improvement. This can be accomplished by completing and returning your patient questionnaire or by direct contact.
Premier Eye Surgery Center of Colorado, LLC
1050 W. South Boulder Road
Lafayette, Colorado 80026